Added by Arjun Salwan in Freelancing, Submission
With continuously growing platforms and popularity, freelancing has hit the markets and become a very common grounds for earning cash through freelance online jobs. Whether you’re a college student or a full-time office worker, freelancing sites list is on every techie’s desk. When asked about its popularity, maximum answered that it gives you the ability to work whenever from wherever. Long gone are the days of looking for a part-time job or opening up centers to pursue your passion. Technology advancements and developments have made it possible for us to work from where and when we are comfortable.
Now that the need for such platforms has considerably increased because of the increasing numbers choosing to freelance, we thought it might be a good idea to list down some of the best freelancing sites to find freelance online jobs. This will maximize your income amongst this ever-growing skillset of people who are already a part of the gig economy. Besides, it’s always good to have a guide you can refer to when you need it.
1. Broxer – Broxer is one of the best freelance websites for any freelancer of any expertise. It has a wide-variety of freelancing jobs available ranging from graphic design, content writing, marketing, music, programming, etc. This is possibly the most effective websites for the freelancers of India as not only it offers them centralized freelancing jobs, it is efficient at what it does. If you have just started freelancing, or are willing to explore this field of work, you might want to give Broxer a try. Trust me it’s worth it.
2. Upwork – Upwork is another excellent freelancing website for the experienced freelancers. It can offer something to every type of freelancer with over a million active clients. This site can adapt according to your preferences, with options for both long-term and short-term projects, hourly or piece-wise and expert or entry-level jobs. Besides this, Upwork includes excellent clientele with companies like Panasonic, Unilever, Pinterest, and Zendesk frequently hiring professionals off of this platform. Regardless of your experience or your location, this definitely has something to offer to you.
3. Freelancer – If you’re a small business, this is the platform you needed. It is one of the most competitive freelancing sites for bidders. Along with offering millions of relevant postings, Freelancer also allows you to compete with other freelancers (having the same field as you) in contests to prove your skills. However, you might find it difficult to find jobs initially, but the better portfolio you build, the better you get at finding jobs and getting hired. If you’re competitive and confident in your abilities, this might be the one-stop shop for you.
1. 99designs – An exclusive platform for freelance designers, 99designs helps creators find relevant jobs with jobs requiring logos, websites, products, business cards and T-shirts. It even lets you take part in design contests and get feedback live from clients.
2. Envato Studios – This is the best place an animator or a video editor, or a content creator, in general, can come if he/she is keen on joining freelancing. However, there’s a catch. In order to be a part of this website, you will have to be first selected and inducted into its user base. You can start posting your designs once you’re in (sample letters, edits, testimonials, etc). Clients then have the option of choosing or rejecting you according to your portfolio. This site is a platform for all the creators out there to prove their worth.
3. Guru – For starters, this is one of the best freelancing platforms out there to gain experience. It is one of the biggest freelance platforms for inexperienced freelancers with over 3 million services to offer. It works more like a bidding system, but this time the clients post their job content and freelancers submit quotes bidding against each other. They make sure their freelancers are never left waiting for their payment and hence follow and escrow payment system.
1. Toptal – This site is extremely set to only allow skilled and experienced freelancers to be a part of their huge clientele. However, there is no barrier on the field of the professional. One can be a software engineer, designer, developer, finance, etc. Selective allotment allows them to divert their professionals to less employee intensive business bigs like Airbnb, JP Morgan, Hewlett Packard, Emirates and many more. There is no “finding the right employee or firm”, the platform directly finds the most compatible professionals and connects the two directly. Passing Toptal’s screening process gives you unparalleled access to meaningful projects with fair compensations. On top of all this, it also arranges frequent community meet-ups and tech events.
2. Truelancer – This is India’s one of the first freelancing sites. Along with being able to work on several projects, you can also share projects. Clients just have to post about their project and let the Truelancer employees handle the rest. They find and match you up with the most suitable freelancers. However, you also have the option of finding a freelancer on your own and hiring them accordingly. You connect with the freelancer using Truelancer’s chatting and file sharing database. Once the work is done, you are obviously obligated to reward/compensate the hired freelancer using Safe Deposit.
1. WorknHire – This Indian platform aims at improving the working conditions of freelancers all over. It provides an advanced platform for the freelancers and businesses to collaborate and grow together. It works very similarly to Freelancer and Upwork. All you need to do is sign up, create a decent work profile mentioning skills, talents and work experience. Then, you can log in and bid on projects to land your first job. Payment is made in Indian Rupees and not US Dollars for the convenience of Indian Freelancers.
2. Craigslist – Originally a platform for buying and selling miscellaneous things, Craigslist has slowly turned into one of the largest freelancing platforms worldwide. It is actually a great source of freelance online jobs. On top of that, browsing through to check for local offerings is extremely simple and easy with the option of searching by major cities if you prefer working remotely.
1. CollegeRecruiter – It is a specific platform for the college students or graduates who want to be a part of the freelancing gig and are looking for jobs of any type. Not only can it be a great platform to look for part-time work but also a major factoring jumpstarting your professionally stable career in your respective fields. They strongly believe in getting their clients a great part-time, seasonal, internship and entry-level freelance online jobs. The user interface of their website is quite simple to navigate through and creating a job profile is even simpler. All-in-all it is a great website for enthusiast college students.
2. GetACoder – GetACoder offers millions of projects to the freelance writers, web designers, programmers, developers, and creators. This site is fairly popular with small, emerging businesses. They are the ones in need of some professional help with regards to cost efficiency. It is a great way to earn steadily and is a win-win for both, the business and the freelancer. The platform itself analyzes the source code of a million developers from GitHub and even summarises their experiences and skills for easier browsing. Freelancers can start for free with no registration required. However, the developer or creator does need to have a GitHub profile.
3. SimplyHired – One of the most widespread platforms from all the above mentioned above, SimplyHired is perfect for everyone from salespeople to even construction workers. Apart from having a company directory and a location-based job profiling, it constantly works towards bettering their registered freelancers by sending out article via their blog regarding hiring tips and make conditions, leading to an aware freelancer.
1. PeoplePerHour – PeoplePerHour is one of the UK-based freelancing sites. This is essentially a platform for all the fields participating in web-designing or web-developing. Individuals like designers, developers, SEO experts, SEM specialists, etc are the major work-force of this platform handling all it’s work-load. The job holders post their jobs on their online portal and get several matches in minutes.
All they have to do after getting enough bids is choose the desired freelancer/candidate and let them start the job. However, freelancers can also be hired for short-term or hourly jobs directly from their online portal website.
2. FreelanceWritingGigs – An effective platform for the writers, publishers, bloggers, it is a great option for the professionals who are known to have a way with the words. It has an excellent freelancer base and extremely well reviews. And this site has one of the highest success rates when it comes to hiring professional content writers. It has been a great full-time job alternative and continues to consistently grow and provide the world with hidden writers.
1. Fiverr – Fiverr is one of the world’s largest gig based freelancing sites. Founded in 2010, it provides freelancers with a platform to offer their services to clients worldwide. However, Fiverr has been at the center of a few major scandals. It deals with extremely heavy criticism all the time for it’s poor service to active freelancers on its public site. Nonetheless, it really is an option if you’re into freelancing.
So there you have it, folks. These sites not only help freelancers achieve their goals but also help several businesses in finding the right professional for the job at cost-efficient rates. This will also help several newbies in gaining work experience and improving your already existing skill-set. These might even help you in exploring various fields which you weren’t aware of before. The internet is a brilliant place to learn new things. With the growing popularity of ‘Freelancing’, it is a better place to work from your home and earn money.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Welcome to Broxer!
If you have amazing skills, we have amazing Jobs. Broxer has opportunities for all types of fun. Let's turn your little hobby into Big Bucks.