As a member of the Onboarding and Customer Success Teams, your primary responsibility is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Onboarding Specialist is expected to take on customer calls and be able to manage priorities, in a fast-paced environment. You will proactively contact merchants, in various system boarding statuses to help them successfully board and stay connected to the service. The Onboarding Specialist will work closely with the onboarding manager on projects to improve the onboarding experience.
- Work closely with the onboarding manager to improve all aspects of the onboarding process.
- Work with the onboarding manager on projects, to improve the boarding process.
- Proactive outreach (phone, email and SMS) to move merchants through the onboarding process as efficiently as possible.
- Familiarize yourself with our merchants and their needs throughout the onboarding process.
- Understand and become conversant regarding the DAVO Sales Tax application.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form and maintain accurate and timely records in HubSpot, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Educate and empower customers by providing clarity on their DAVO Sales Tax application.
- Be the voice of the customer within DAVO. Drive issues to resolution.
- Escalate problem or difficult sales tax return issues to the Escalations Specialist.
- Maintain assigned boarding and churn management queues to proactively help customers board and stay connected to the DAVO sales tax system.
- Exhibit a high degree of empathy, have an ability to work with customers in high pressure situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills –ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- A critical thinker
- Basic understanding of general math and percentages.
- Team player with the ability to encourage a positive atmosphere.
- Comfortable making outbound & taking inbound phone calls and have excellent oral communication skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills for email, text and chat.
- General understanding of retail point-of-sale devices, sales tax regulations and how these requirements apply to small retail businesses.
- Experience with using spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets or similar) and writing basic spreadsheet formulas.
- Familiarity with Hubspot CRM a plus.
- Ability to take direction and feedback to improve work processes.
- Ability to work independently in a time constrained environment.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation. The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Brazil, Canada, India, U.K, Belgium and across Europe.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.